Sunday, July 6, 2014

Asian barbecue chicken


Ingredients:

1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, halved horizontally 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper


You first in a medium bowl, you stir together the sweet and sour sauce with the next 6 ingredients. You reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce in a small bowl and refrigerate. You then sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and grill for 3 to 4 min per side until done, brushing with the sauce on each side during the last 2 min. Remove and let stand for 10 mins thin thinly slice and serve with rice. The recipe is found in Paula Deen July/August 2014 page 23.



 I did it half barbecue and half sweet and sour. It wasn't that hard.




I did it at my grandma's house. It was my grandma's idea to do it half and half.


My cousin Kendra says this is the best chicken she'd ever had, and she doesn't even like chicken!



My grandma says that it was fantastic and it was the best she ever had. She is waiting for the next meal. My brother said it was delicious, and my sister said it was yummy.



1 comment:

  1. I didn't get to try this one...you'll have to make it again at home. How did Gramma Miller and your cute cousin like it?

    ReplyDelete