Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pink Palmer and Asian Pork Noodle Bowl


 Pink Palmer

Ingredients: 
10 cups hot water
8 bags hibiscus tea or raspberry zinger
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cups of water

Heat water in a kettle until hot and put in the bags of tea. Then let it steep accordingly to box of tea and let it cool down a little bit.  You then take out the tea bags and pour it into a glass pitcher add sugar, lemon juice, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cold water and refrigerate. It’s found in Paula Deen’s magazine March/April 2014 page 39.

My Comments:

I made Pink Palmer because it’s a nice and cool refreshment to drink on a hot day. I used only half of the ingredients it called for.  I also put ice in it because there wasn’t room for it in the refrigerator. It made it even colder with the ice in it. 
 I substituted Raspberry Zinger for the hibiscus tea.  It tasted very good; my brother enjoyed it and wants me to make it again. 

Asian Pork Noodle Bowl

Ingredients:
8 cups water
4 packages ramen noodles
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch strips
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
1 cup beef broth 
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon vinegar 
1/4 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of chopped cilantro

First, you bring water to boil in a pot and then add the ramen noodles cook for 3 min. In a large skillet, you heat the oil cook the pork add garlic and the red pepper until pork is nicely brown. Then add asparagus, carrots, beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, cook for 3 mins. Add noodles until tender and add cilantro. It's found in Paula Deen’s magazine March/April 2014 page 13.

My comments:

I made Asian pork noodle bowl because it was hot outside and my mom didn’t want me to heat the oven up. I cooked the pork first with garlic and let it get browned.
Then I used broccoli instead of asparagus and let it cook until it became bright green. Then I added the shredded carrots, the beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. To make the beef broth you use 1 teaspoon with 1 cup of water. Also instead of Sesame oil, I used olive oil. 
  
Everyone enjoyed it and it was an easy one dish meal. 




1 comment: